2021 Sage Field Data Capture Specialist Description and Responsibilities
Sage Ag Inc. is seeking several Data Capture Specialists to provide temporary, seasonal support onsite at various grower sites throughout the Midwestern and Southwestern United States. This work will be approximately four months in duration and will require a mix of crop management, agriculture equipment knowledge and basic technology / software experience. This is an exciting opportunity to support field testing of cutting edge See & Spray technology and gain valuable experience within the Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Computer Vision fields.
· Responsible for the daily collection of field data in various grower site locations / assigned region; traveling between sites for scheduled data capture in partnership with growers and the Field Engineering team
· Provide accurate data collection tracking daily, utilizing software
· Ensure quality image capture of crop and weeds are completed as per test plan requirements
· Complete consistent, timely transmission of data to centralized repository for utilization by various clients of Sage Ag Inc.
· Effectively manage daily / weekly work schedule accounting for travel time and weather variables to maximize productivity
· Represent Sage Ag Inc. and our clients professionally, exhibiting great customer service and exemplary personal conduct
Required Skills & Experience:
· Valid U.S. Driver’s License with clean driving record
· Experience within agriculture operations including exposure to weed management / herbicide utilization, crop care or any other work within farming or agriculture
· Able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs; capable of working in a physically demanding grower site locations for extended periods of time
· Capable of using an interactive touch screen to set values, enter information via keyboard, and follow a series of steps by memory to set the machine requirements
· Familiarity with Windows software for data management; eg. Microsoft Excel
· Working knowledge of weeds and infiltration issues; able to identify areas where weeds are growing in greater numbers.
· Ability to work very autonomously; capable of completing work with little to no direct supervision while meeting project timelines
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills; fluent English speaker and writer
· Strong customer support & teamwork skills
· Able to travel frequently between job locations across the U.S.; air travel, accommodations etc. will be provided by Sage Ag Inc.
· Available Monday through Saturday for 8-10 hours daily; this includes travel time to and from job sites. Optional Sunday availability may be required as needed.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
· Experience in capturing / recording imagery data
· Experience or knowledge of precision agriculture equipment
· Experience or knowledge of Computer Vision technology
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Job Duration: May 15th – August 1st
Location: Travel to Southern and Midwest United States
Compensation: Pay plus bonuses based on experience
All travel expenses paid by company
Carson Marlay (515) 512-2841 firstname.lastname@example.org