Interning for a nonprofit gives you a chance to work for a good cause. Safe Harbor International Ministries is currently seeking enthusiastic and resourceful interns to work in the area of Web Design (remotely). We are a domestic violence and resource training center for counselors, law enforcement, social workers, church leaders, human service agencies, court officials, victim advocates, mental health professionals, caregivers, community partners, nonprofits, & educators.
We provide family intervention services to Atlanta GA communities and surrounding counties. Our mission is to provide family restoration through promoting emotional, spiritual, and physical healing by offering victim advocacy services, counseling, mentoring, training programs, educational, and social service initiatives to transform the lives of men, women, and children.
- Assist with designing and modifying websites and design websites using WordPress.
- Maintain, expand, and scale websites as needed.
- Assist with creating website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Learn how to work with other web designers (team members) on gathering content for current projects.
- Learn how to use Canva and other design tools to create visually appealing content, graphics and images.
- Learn how to give and take constructive feedback on project ideas.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with other team members on assigned projects.
- Learn how to apply web design skills to the real world work setting.
- Some experience in web design and programming.
- Familiarity of UI, browser compatibility, web functions and standards.
- Familiarity with relational database systems, object oriented programming, web application development and search engine optimization
- Familiarity with WordPress and design portfolio.
- Advanced attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal)
Internship Information: Safe Harbor International Ministries will, to the best of its ability, complete university/college requirements required for the student to receive course credit.
Internship Requirements: Currently enrolled as a student in a college/university/certification program with a major focus in Web Design, journalism, English, communications, marketing, public relations, digital marketing, software developer, graphic designer or a related area. Must be a sophomore, junior, senior, graduate student or recent graduate.
Availability: Available to work for 10 to 12 hours per week. Must be able to meet on Zoom meeting platform once a week with team members and management to review projects. We are looking for an intern who can also commit to 6 months due to nature of projects.
Location: Must be able to work remotely, attend web meetings with Executive Director.
Compensation: Unpaid. Safe Harbor is a Non-profit organization and we encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and we will support these pursuits in any way we can. We also offer other incentives while interning with Safe Harbor.
Internship term: We are looking for an intern who can commit to 6 months due to the nature of the projects.
Supervision: Intern will report to the Executive Director.