Interning for a nonprofit gives you a chance to work for a good cause. Safe Harbor International Ministries is currently seeking enthusiastic and resourceful interns to work in the area of Administrative Office Assistant. We are a domestic violence and resource training center for counselors, law enforcement, social workers, church leaders, human service agencies, court officials, victim advocates, mental health professionals, caregivers, community partners, nonprofits, & educators.
We provide family intervention services to Atlanta GA communities and surrounding counties. Our mission is to provide family restoration through promoting emotional, spiritual, and physical healing by offering victim advocacy services, counseling, mentoring, training programs, educational, and social service initiatives to transform the lives of men, women, and children.
General Job Description:
Safe Harbor is looking for a reliable and motivated individual to handle office management responsibilities (remote position). The Office Administrator Assistant Intern will manage reception responsibilities, tracking volunteer hours, agency emails and letters to potential donors and volunteers, fundraising projects, editing blog posts, blogging, monthly newsletters. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with an enthusiastic community-based Non-profit.
- Responsible for all data entry for database including volunteer hours, donations, (newsletter) emails
- Help draft and create agency newsletter
- Assists with fundraising campaigns, contacting donors
- Assists with community events and organizing materials and equipment for events
- Office clerical duties such as review and draft letters, admin email, web based filings, etc.
- Inventory spreadsheet for Craft Shop
- Attend weekly web meetings
- Learn how to create appealing up to date agency newsletters in a timely manner based on agreed schedule by collecting data to draft newsletter.
- Understand how to develop an individual, corporate, foundation donor fundraising program by working with the fundraising team.
- Learn how to perform office clerical duties.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with other team members on assigned projects.
- Learn how to apply basic clerical skills to the real world work setting.
- Proficient command of English grammar and spelling
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Organizational skills
- Past Office Administration is a plus but not required
- Interest in the mission of Safe Harbor International Ministries
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a compassion for families
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Attention to detail
Ideal Candidate Volunteer/Work Experience:
- Office Administration and/or customer service background
- At least one year Non-profit work experience
- Volunteer work experience for non-profits
- Experience with Google Drive
- Basic knowledge of grammar and math functions
- Organizational, communication and time management skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Internship Information: Safe Harbor International Ministries will, to the best of its ability, complete university/college requirements required for the student to receive course credit.
Internship Requirements: Currently enrolled student in a college/university/certification program with a major focus in general business, nonprofit development, clerical, or a relevant content area. Must be a sophomore, junior, senior, graduate student or recent graduate.
Availability: Available to work for 10 to 20 hours per week. We are looking for an intern who can also commit to 6 months to 1 year due to nature of projects.
Location: Must be able to work remotely, attend web meetings with Executive Director
Compensation: Unpaid. Safe Harbor is a Non-profit organization and we encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and we will support these pursuits in any way we can. We also offer other incentives while interning with Safe Harbor.
Internship term: We are looking for an intern who can commit to 6 months to 1 year due to the nature of the projects.
Supervision: Intern will report to the Executive Director.