RTI International’s Survey Research Division has over 50 years of experience delivering excellence to our clients. Comprised of nearly 140 research professionals, we collect complex behavioral and attitudinal data in many settings. Currently, we have an opening for a bachelor’s level Survey Specialist in our Research Triangle Park, NC office. The successful individual will support the day-to-day activities of telephone, mail, web and field data collection studies and is responsible for working on all project activities from start to finish. Project work covers a wide range of research topics and populations.
Responsibilities may include:
• Tracking data collection production activities, compiling response rates and cost data
• Coordinating and managing field training sessions and field observations
• Conducting data quality reviews by reviewing data frequencies, computer-assisted recorded interviews, GPS data, and other reports
• Coordinating and developing project-specific materials like lead letters and study brochures
• Conducting data quality checks on mail-outs
• Assisting in the development of IRB protocols and OMB packages;
• Conducting questionnaire and survey management system testing; preparing findings and testing documentation
• Assisting in the development of training manuals, job aids and other materials for primary data collection.
• Contacting agencies and/or study participants to gather data and acting as a point of contact for non-response and data quality follow-up.
• Presenting research findings that further the knowledge base of survey research.
• BS/BA in sociology, psychology, political science, or a related field. (December 2020 graduates are welcomed to apply.)
• While in college, a demonstrated interest in survey research, or health policy research (e.g. survey research class projects, internships, or capstones.)
• Demonstrated experience with or coursework in quantitative data analysis.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to occasionally travel for 3 – 5 days per trip for field activities.
• Must be able to work independently, capable of submitting multiple high-quality work products on strict, overlapping deadlines.
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.