Universal Composability Summer Intern
at Riverside Research
Riverside Research’s Trusted and Resilient Systems research group is conducting cutting edge research in applying formal methods for system security analysis. This innovative research will help transform how we design and build high assurance, complex systems. We are seeking a motivated researcher (ideally in a PhD program) who has experience with the Universal Composability framework to join our team for the summer and help us tackle some interesting and challenging problems. The individual who fills this role will work with top researchers in secure system design and cryptography to explore the art of the possible in analyzing complex systems using Universal Composability.
All positions with Riverside Research require U.S. citizenship.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Scope and define challenging research problems in the area of Universal Composability
- Conduct research with a small, dynamic team
- Publish results in a top security conference
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship
- Enrolled in a degree seeking program (ideally PhD) in fields such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics
- Previous experience with Universal Composability
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Previous publications using Universal Composability (especially if applied to systems beyond traditional cryptographic rotocols)
- Understanding of Open Architecture systems
About Riverside Research
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.