AGRONOMY INTERNSHIP – SUMMER 2021
At River Country Cooperative our Interns enjoy a casual, fun environment working among great people in a family-oriented locally owned culture. As a River Country Cooperative Intern, you can expect to learn and grow your professional skills while applying your classroom knowledge to hands-on application!
Your learning opportunity will be in all aspects of a fully functional agronomy operation. Including identifying weeds, diseases and insects affecting crop growth and development. You will gain experience in testing soil and plant nutrients while analyzing reports used to make crop input recommendations side-by-side with an experienced Sales Agronomist. Answering customer calls, billing for products received, miscellaneous operations work and unique project assignments provide our interns a well-rounded experience!
- Learning new things including chemicals, insecticides, fertilizers and seeds
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude
- Being reliable and on-time with independent time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Doing what it takes to get the job done
- Performing at a quick pace while having fun
- Being a trusted co-worker who always thinks of safety and security
- Schedule flexibility included extended hours to accommodate seasonal peaks
What we’re looking for:
- Candidate pursuing a degree in an agriculture related major or program
- Agriculture background with an emphasis on agriculture production knowledge
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Preference given to candidates with:
- CDL license
- A great learning opportunity
- Potential to return year after year and full time potential
- Great people and a fun culture
- Relaxed work environment and more!