Product Owner (Co-op)
Working Remote – Lab locations Quincy, MA or Mooresville, NC
A Product Owner is an IT professional responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product.
Overview: Utilize Agile methodologies to shape and drive innovative product offerings, define the Minimum Viable Product (MVP), partner with business areas and IT to lead the gathering, analyzing, and creation of high-quality requirements for new technological solutions.
• Elicit, gather and validate requirements – An expert at eliciting and evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguishes presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requests.
• Create and Manage Product Backlog – Proficient at organizing requirements and features into epics, user stories, defining scope of work, definition of done (DoD) and Acceptance Criteria for each feature.
• Analysis, Problem solving, Leadership – Acts as the business and technical leader for the business and provides direction to business and IT on technical issues associated with business problems and/or projects.
• Research – Expert in researching and investigating assorted technologies, companies and vendors. Quickly gains a deep understanding of the retail industry and grasps the efficacy of various technologies which can be used to solve business problems.
• Communication – Clearly presents information and responds to questions from functional organization. Leads discussions and documents meetings. Provide analysis to direct manager and to senior leadership when required
• Liaison – Effectively liaise and collaborate with technical teams, QA, UI/UX design, business stakeholders, vendors, etc. as required
• Documentation – Expert in documenting requirements in a clear, concise manner delivering expected results to stakeholders. Ensures traceability standards for requirements are maintained throughout the lifecycle.
• Testing – Develops and documents test plans and test cases, executes system testing. Analyzes, tracks and documents testing results and defects. Leads the works (with IT and business) to identify, prioritize, and resolve defects.
• Change Management – Adapts and works productively within a rapidly changing business and technical environment
• Effectively collaborate with stakeholders to create roadmaps, vision and plan for pilot/proof of concept
• Strong and persuasive communication skills to achieve consensus from stakeholders regarding development plan
• Apply business acumen to analyze and identify risks and opportunities while defining scope of work
• Recommend specific components for solutions that will work well together and quickly guide the business away from combinations that create conflict and incompatibilities
• Act as a voice of the customer to define, prioritize and suggest features/products that provide business value
• Ability to create and maintain comprehensible and structured documentation
• Ability to support development and maintain software products supporting the organizations standards
• Knowledge of SDLC methodologies such as Agile a plus
• Knowledge of current technologies and their applicability to create business solutions is a plus
Business, MBA, Humanities, Liberal Arts, degrees with an emphasis on Agile, Product Management and Analysis
Self-driven, motivated, detail-oriented, quick learner and a great team player
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop.
Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising & Marketing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Sourcing, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services.