The mission of this part-time position is to provide administrative and marketing support to a Financial Advisor.
- Handle client service request; review all insurance and investment applications, account changes and related paperwork within limits of licensed authority.
- Process client service requests, such as billing changes or discrepancies, address/beneficiary/owner/name changes, policy loans, rescinds, surrender requests, etc. Forward applications and service forms to the appropriated entity in a timely manner.
- Use various computer systems and internet/intranet to research and provide information to clients and Financial Advisors. Run, inforce and rollover illustrations.
- Maintain accurate records and client files fulfilling compliance directives.
- Order and follow up on underwriting requirements and service requests. Monitor timely completion of business processing using various systems and methods such as VISTA, e-retriever Online Service Center. Communicate status to clients and Financial Advisor.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for Financial Advisor, answer phones, take messages and greet visitors. Handle routine inquiries independently and within limits of licensed authority.
- Use and maintain the client management system to facilitate marketing efforts, increase client/prospect contact and enhance service delivery.
- Develop and send client/prospect letters and communications. Ensure compliance guidelines are followed for mass communication.
- Prepare sales proposals using software systems and client information gathered by the Financial Advisor. Sales proposals may include: financial needs analysis, Harmony sales illustration system, Model Portfolio Accumulation System (MAPS) risk tolerance and time horizon analysis system, other sales illustrations and research tools.
- Research various prospection tools such as compliance approved letters/mailers, lead sources, make modifications and coordinate efforts at the direction of the Financial Advisor.
- Provide miscellaneous administrative assistance as needed using individual judgment and problem solving skills (i.e. maintain supplies, handle mail, etc.)
Other duties may be assigned to meet the business needs.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- This position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Work requires attention to detail in such things as composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Excellent initiative, ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills to ensure excellent client service and expedient business processing.
Education, Training & Experience:
- High School diploma
- Two or more years of experience in an office environment.
Licenses & Certifications Preferred (to be obtained in first year):
- Life and Health
- Series 6
- Series 63
Computer Equipment and Software:
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
- Typing of at least 50 wpm