Business Development Representative
REMI (Regional Economic Models, Inc.) is seeking an entry-level Business Development Representative to join its business development and client-facing team. The successful candidate will work with our team to extend our client network and develop new business opportunities.
Ideal candidates for this position will be motivated to:
- Place phone calls to potential clients from call list
- Perform script (with necessary adjustments) to ensure consistency of sales program
- Answer potential clients’ questions about projects or goals
- Prospect for new leads
- Outreach to initiate meetings
- Set appointments with prospective customers based on our associates’ schedules
- Maintain computer, telephone, and any other necessary equipment
- Train other representatives when required
- Relay any problems, concerns, or questions to supervisory staff
- Communicate respectfully and politely with potential customers at all times
- Develop knowledge of the REMI Business Development Representative Dashboard
Candidate requirements include:
- A commitment to providing objective and comprehensive analysis that improves the quality of public policy
- B.A. in Economics or related subject, with strong academic performance
- Extracurricular activities that demonstrate teamwork, initiative, and/or leadership
- Enthusiasm for taking on a role that is intense and challenging
- Capacity to work remotely from home
Founded in 1980, REMI is the nation’s leading provider of regional forecasting and policy analysis software. REMI’s suite of models are utilized by universities, consulting firms, associations, and numerous state governments to answer “what if?” policy questions about the effects of legislative changes on the economy. We actively engage in the analysis of major policy areas, including transportation, economic development, taxation, and more.
We evaluate specific issues associated with trade and tariffs, immigration, carbon tax, the Affordable Care Act, and transportation investments. REMI’s clients include: associations such as the Business Roundtable and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB); consulting firms such as National Economic Research Associates, Inc. (NERA), Charles River Associates, and Booz Allen Hamilton; and think tanks and universities like the University of Michigan Research Seminar in Quantitative Economics (RSQE). We also collaborate with a variety of government agencies, including the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Georgia Department of Transportation, and others.
REMI is based in Amherst, Massachusetts.
Working for REMI
Employees of REMI receive a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits: paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and a 401K retirement plan.