REMI (Regional Economic Models, Inc.) is seeking associates to join its business development and client-facing team. The successful candidate will work with our team to extend our client network and develop new business opportunities.
The primary role of an Associate is to meet with prospective clients face-to-face to discuss the REMI model, lead the overall sales process forward, and close business on behalf of the organization. Associates also need to be able to set initial and follow-up meetings to maintain an active sales pipeline.
This position requires enhanced product knowledge about the basic operation of the REMI model, proficiency navigating our CRM database and Microsoft Teams platform, and the ability to produce various presentation materials.
Ideal candidates for this position will be motivated to:
- Work independently and confidently on sales opportunities
- Generate meetings and follow through on sales leads
- Engage with professionals in analytical and decision-making roles
- Drive forward REMI’s mission to inform policy with research-based analysis
- Travel within your sales territory to meet prospects and customers
- Develop skills related to using REMI software, which are complex econometric models
- Reach out by phone and email to conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with contacts daily
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing contacts
- Keep track of all communication with sales leads and/or customer accounts
- Educate contacts on how REMI products and services can benefit them both financially and professionally
- Provide products and services to clients within your given territory
- Monitor REMI’s industry competitors, new products, and overall market conditions
- Work closely with Marketing department to help build the brand
Candidate requirements include:
- A commitment to providing objective and comprehensive analysis that improves the quality of public policy
- B.A. or M.S. in Economics or related subject, with strong academic performance
- Extracurricular activities that demonstrate teamwork, initiative, and/or leadership
- Enthusiasm for taking on a role that is intense and challenging
- Capacity to work remotely from home
Founded in 1980, REMI is the nation’s leading provider of regional forecasting and policy analysis software. REMI’s suite of models are utilized by universities, consulting firms, associations, and numerous state governments to answer “what if?” policy questions about the effects of legislative changes on the economy. We actively engage in the analysis of major policy areas, including transportation, economic development, taxation, and more.
We evaluate specific issues associated with trade and tariffs, immigration, carbon tax, the Affordable Care Act, and transportation investments. REMI’s clients include: associations such as the Business Roundtable and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB); consulting firms such as National Economic Research Associates, Inc. (NERA), Charles River Associates, and Booz Allen Hamilton; and think tanks and universities like the University of Michigan Research Seminar in Quantitative Economics (RSQE). We also collaborate with a variety of government agencies, including the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Georgia Department of Transportation, and others.
REMI is based in Amherst, Massachusetts.
Working for REMI
Employees of REMI receive a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits: paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and a 401K retirement plan.