Job Title: Insurance Agent
Location: Springville, Utah (Or Remote)
Reports To: Sales Manager
Schedule: Full Time
Compensation: Base Salary + Commission
Help ranchers across the nation reduce the inherent risks of running cattle operations by selling underutilized insurance products including Livestock Risk Protection (LRP) and Pasture, Rangeland and Forage (PRF) insurance. Join a growing team of ranchers, insurance experts, customer support and GIS specialists who have been trusted to insure over 33 million acres of rangeland!
A successful LRP Insurance Agent –
Works to successfully sell LRP and PRF insurance to ranchers. Manages customers with the utmost care and concern. Handles administrative office services related to account management such as general business activities, appointment-setting, records control, and other administrative activities. Exercises independent and proactive judgement in reaching personal and company goals. Works to understand back office procedures as well as develop skills as a sales agent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Eagerly works to build a book of business by calling on ranching clients as well as making follow up phone calls to potential customers that have received marketing information from RSA.
- Seeks out, markets and meets with potential clients on a daily basis to sell LRP and PRF insurance.
- Able to convert a warm lead generated through RSA’s marketing team and have no fear making cold calls to hit quotas.
- Works effectively and with a sense of urgency to achieve weekly and monthly sales quotas. Reports back to the LRP Sales Manager on efforts to achieve targets.
- Able to work independently and proactively while thinking outside the box to achieve sales goals.
- Handles customer support related tasks for their own customers as they arise.
- Coordinates collection and preparation of compliance forms and reports. Communicates with customers and Insurance AIP’s to gather and submit necessary information for policies in a timely manner.
- Completes daily assigned tasks related to the annual customer success plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives; implement and execute the assigned aspects of the plan.
- Locates and compiles information; formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information to find areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Uses various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports, uses those reports to improve results and report back to management
- Gain knowledge in and effectively utilize Range Calc and CMO software
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all competitive product offerings as well as policy processes and rules.
- Exercises professional judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results impacting staff, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business preferred
- Experience or knowledge of ranching/farming preferred
- Hungry and excited about insurance sales!
- Ready to embrace given opportunities and make a lasting career
- A “Do whatever it takes” attitude to be successful!
- Three years of related experience or relevant coursework
- Able to exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to obtain Property and Casualty insurance license within the first 60 days of employment
- The ability to work from home and a reliable vehicle to drive to appointments and visit potential customers
- Must possess a commission and owner mindset
WHAT WE OFFER
- An industry leading compensation package with a base salary and commission
- First year income of $50-$95k and $100k+ after the first year.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, generous 401(k) contribution
- Paid holidays and generous PTO
- A fun, inviting work culture where we operate as a family and focus on success
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit: and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.