Do you wander through a neighborhood park and appreciate how it was planned and built? When you stroll through a campus or plaza, do you consider the design decisions made and think, “I see what they did there.” Are you interested in mentorship from passionate landscape architects, as well as professionals from multiple disciplines, in guiding your career? Oh, and might you have a degree in landscape architecture?
RDG Planning & Design is looking to hire a creative, entry-level individual with a strong landscape architectural foundation; a beginning interest and understanding of design drawings; a love for continuous learning and problem-solving; and the ability to coordinate with clients for our Landscape Architectural Team. This individual will contribute as a landscape architect on a variety of different types of project around the Midwest and across the nation. Are you this individual?
Essential Job Functions:
· Collaboration with multiple disciplines, clients, and the public
· Implementation of design ideas from conceptual planning phases through design detailing and construction administration
· Site analysis that considers the broad economic, social, ecological, and aesthetic considerations of a place
· Continuous learning ethos
· Collaborative approach to problem-solving
· Solid foundation of design thinking and design expertise
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Broad technical knowledge
· Knowledge of planting design and sustainable design
· Experience with design drawings
· Proficient in AutoCAD or Civil3D preferred, Adobe, Sketchup / Rhino, and Microsoft Office
· Recent graduate: graduating December 2021 or May 2022 with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Location: Des Moines or Omaha