Since we began in 1976, we have built our business by being on the cutting edge of what gets the best results. Dedicated to scientifically proven methods, Rainbow Treecare (a division of Rainbow Tree Company) is committed to continually educating our employees, in order to provide the most effective solutions to our clients. We have a commitment to ourselves and to our clients to do excellent work and deliver extraordinary service. We believe in ongoing improvement as we grow in the community and create leaders in the industry.
Rainbow Treecare is currently seeking Plant Healthcare Technicians. Your work location will be based in Minnetonka, MN; Little Canada, MN; or Burnsville, MN. This position is responsible for the application of treatments to control insects and diseases damage on plants for both residential and commercial clients.
Our Plant Health Care Technicians positions are ideal for professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and seasoned professionals with experience in these fields and line of work. Qualified candidates need to be detailed-oriented, time-conscious, independent self-starters with a drive for team building and team-success.
What You Will Do:
- Accurately mix fungicides, insecticides, and fertilizers
- Apply services efficiently on clients properties
- Inject products by drilling and pressurizing tanks
- Complete all paperwork and records details of applications
- Prepare vehicle and materials needed for day’s work, as directed
- Carry, lay out, and stow materials, tools and equipment
- Follow safety procedures and use required safety equipment
- Ensure equipment is in safe working order before use
- Provide professional and courteous customer service to clients
- Monitor vehicles for basic vehicle maintenance needs
- Report any client property issues to Consulting Arborists
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Minnesota Commercial Pesticide Applicators License or ability to receive prior to hire
- Driver’s License with clean driving record
- B.S. or equivalent in Forestry, Horticulture, Environmental Science, or similar.
- Ability to identify elm, oak, maple, and ash trees at the genus level
- Basic mechanical knowledge
What We Will Offer:
- Paid Holidays
- Full Range of Benefits including: Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Continuing Education
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element throughout urban and rural areas. Must be able to plan and problem solve to meet daily production expectations. Must be able to work individually on assigned tasks and have the ability to operate full sized vehicles safely. Must be able to work with and be around pesticides & other chemicals. Must have the ability to stand and move for the duration of shift.
You Should Know:
At Rainbow Tree Company, we celebrate our differences and are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.