Propel seeks an experienced Chemistry Teacher to join our amazing team at Propel Braddock Hills High School for the 2020-2021 school year at Propel Schools. If you are resilient, hard working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Propel Schools.
Propel Schools is the largest network of public charter schools in Allegheny County consisting of 13 schools and approximately 4,000 scholars. Our mission is to provide high-quality schools to underserved communities. Each of our schools provide a rigorous academic environment and small class sizes where educators focus on providing each scholar with support and individualized attention. With one of the top starting teacher salaries in Allegheny County, a customizable benefits package and extraordinary career and professional development opportunities, Propel Schools is one of the area’s premier education organizations.
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Ability to develop rigorous lesson plans and assessments
- Deep content area knowledge
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development
- Ability to utilize data to differentiate instruction
- A commitment to the Promising Principles of Propel
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competency, high degree of emotional intelligence and self-awareness with the ability to reflect and adapt to diverse environments.
- Valid PA Teaching Certification in Chemistry
- TB Test
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 114 FBI Clearance
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure
- Act 24 Arrest and Conviction Disclosure
Salary is competitive with a full benefits package (first year Teacher pay is $48,000). All of our classrooms are equipped with SmartBoards and each classroom Teacher receives a laptop. In addition, Braddock Hills High School is in the process of completing a brand new $400K state of the art Chemistry lab for its students.
Please follow the link to formally apply to this position. EOE.