Application Support Specialist
Who We Are
At Project Harmony, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients and our community. Project Harmony is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national original, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Project Harmony exists to provide effective, immediate and sensitive support to child abuse victims and their non-offending family members. Project Harmony is committed to a vision with a focus on one goal: ending the cycle of child abuse and neglect. Project Harmony is one of the largest Child Advocacy Centers in the nation.
At Project Harmony, we are committed to building a team of dedicated, compassionate professionals who are supportive of our culture:
We are all Project Harmony: Project Harmony exists because of the unique collaboration of community partners, dedicated to ending child abuse and neglect. Our strength lies in our people, their ideas, their differences, their diverse talents and perspectives.
We bring our best everyday: Project Harmony consists of experts, problem solvers and visionaries dedicated to promoting creativity and innovation. We demonstrate personal integrity and maintain a high standard of ethical behavior. Project Harmony is dedicated to fostering a learning environment where all members of the collaborative process can flourish.
When it comes to children, we don’t compromise: Children come first in all that we do. Project Harmony provides a safe place where children have the courage to use their voices – a place where healing begins. Because of Project Harmony’s coordination of care, children entering Project Harmony go from crisis to courage. Our vision reimagines the system to make it work best for all involved, especially the child.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference in the life of a child, Project Harmony is looking for you. We are seeking an experienced and committed Application Support Specialist to join our dynamic and innovative organization.
The Application Support Specialist will perform system configuration/administration duties for business/agency applications used at Project Harmony. The position requires the ability to troubleshoot and resolve application and customer workflow problems with exceptional customer service skills, as well as going above and beyond client expectations. The role requires a self-starter, team player, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and someone who is able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization as well as external parties.
The Application Support Specialist will identify and replicate the issues in QA systems and communicate and ensure bug fix or data corrections are completed. They will work closely with the Quality Improvement Team to answer queries and resolve issues. This role will have responsibility for trouble shooting any issues, gathering information from our end users, working with internal and external users, and providing support on an ongoing basis. The Application Support Specialist will focus on the quality and implementation to ensure data integrity. This individual must be open to additional responsibilities as needed as part of being a member of a smaller data management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, document, and resolve application problems. Follow up post-resolution with end users to ensure their problems have been resolved
- Act as primary point of contact on all end user requests from creation to resolution
- Identify recurring issues in user environment and proactively provide recommendations to improve efficiency, performance and reliability of application
- Support and participate in collaboration activities with the Quality Improvement team to promote and implement continuous process improvement
- Research and assist with the preparation of operational reports, training manuals and documents, and other reports or documents as needed.
- Gather requirements for application configuration, understand the needs of the end user and be able to provide recommendations to the QI team on next steps.
- Configure and validate user application forms.
- Test application changes and develop testing scripts.
- Ensure documentation standards and procedures for operations are in place and maintained.
- Comply with all organizational and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in an area relevant to social services, public administration, or business.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the analysis of business processes and application requirements.
- Experience with configuration/administration of case and client management software desired. Experience with Efforts To Outcomes (ETO) a plus.
- Experience with data management systems and using data for performance improvement required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with other Office Products.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical, process design, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and refining vendor software packages.
- Customer service orientation. You pride yourself on being helpful and are enthusiastic about making a difference.
- A strong interest in, or experience, in data validation, testing, and user workflow.
- Exudes positive energy, is collaborative and capable of thinking independently and is a critical thinker.
- Must be energetic, proactive, driven, and a self-starter.
- Understanding and awareness of how a change affects other processes, users, and/or systems in the environment.
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Strong presentation, technical writing and written/verbal/listening communication skills.
- Team and solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and strong aptitude for documentation.
- Technical aptitude; tech-savvy and can quickly figure out new systems and applications.
- Intellectual curiosity. Natural interest in learning new things and figuring out how they work; not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Must have a passion for the mission of Project Harmony and be fully committed to serving it to the highest degree.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in a stationary position for extended periods of time; operate a computer and other office equipment, move about inside the office; frequently communicate with coworkers, vendors and members of the public.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds within and outside the organization.
- Must submit to a thorough criminal history background check.
- Must possess the ability to pass a fingerprint clearance.
- Flexible schedule (may occasionally work some evenings and weekends)
- Must have access to a vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.