Project Chimps is the newest chimpanzee sanctuary in the United States and was founded to provide lifetime exemplary care to more than 200 former research chimpanzees. Today, Project Chimps is home to 59 chimpanzees and we are working to bring more than 150 to permanent sanctuary.
The Project Chimps sanctuary is located on 236 acres of forested land in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We are located in Morganton, Georgia, just east of the town of Blue Ridge.
Our culture of excellence is sustained by a passionate, high-performing team of core staff and volunteers. If you thrive in a results-oriented culture dedicated to performance excellence, we invite you to join our team!
Manager of Administration
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Digital Content Coordinator supports the mission and fundraising activities of Project Chimps by developing communications and marketing content that attracts and retains supporters and increases public awareness of Project Chimps. The Digital Content Coordinator reports to the Manager of Administration. This position works closely with chimp care staff, volunteers, and interns assigned to collect photo and video footage for public distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are derived from SECTION C, Performance Standards.
- Contribute to a positive and professional organizational culture that promotes Project Chimps’ values, mission, and vision;
- Communicate the visual look and feel of the brand per platform, per medium, and produce visual content accordingly;
- Attend and document onsite and offsite special events promoting Project Chimps;
- Responsible for online initiatives including: Social media: Facebook; Twitter; YouTube; Instagram; Online fundraising pages through Classy, MightyCause, Charity Footprints, Airbnb, etc
- Online chimp bios and sanctuary operations through WordPress; Online e-communications through MailChimp;
- Oversee in-kind fundraising marketing
- Oversee photography and video program including:
- Ensuring photos are identified and credited accurately
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling volunteers to assist as needed
- Taking photos and videos to assist in marketing objectives
- Properly store photos in Dropbox and Merlin databases
- Utilize Canva for graphical design components
- Ensure appropriate digital content is available for newsletters, merch promotions, auctions, etc
- Uphold brand standards in video editing and graphical designs
- Participate in Creativity Committee and Event Planning Committee meetings;
- Assist with the development of donor communications and promotional materials;
- All other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 year online marketing or social media experience required
- Minimum 1 year photography experience required, video editing skills preferred
- Experience working in an animal facility preferred
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related major preferred
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent and effective visual storytelling skills;
- Understanding of chimpanzee behavior and the need for chimpanzee sanctuaries preferred;
- Highly motivated and resourceful self-starter, with a can-do attitude, who can work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with limited resources;
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and under tight deadlines in an occasionally non-traditional work schedule;
- Strong videography, photography and graphic design skills;
- In-depth knowledge, passion for, and understanding of social media platforms at a creative, audience and technical level;
- Familiarity with the content management features of multiple social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Familiarity with the content management features of video distribution platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo;
- Proficiency with the following software: Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, and InDesign; as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with online platforms like WordPress and MailChimp, as well as social media scheduling software is a plus;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively;
- Ability to telework or work remotely efficiently and effectively (telework requirements include access to high-speed internet);
- Ability to think strategically, be flexible, and use good judgement;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, and experience;
- Willingness to work weekends to monitor and document sanctuary activities and events;
- Ability to travel to off-site locations for higher-speed internet access, when necessary;
- Because effective communication is essential to maintain safe working conditions and respond effectively to emergencies, the ability to speak, write, and understand English is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have good physical agility, strength, vision & hearing, and the ability to perform strenuous physical work in extremes of weather and challenging physical environments. Specifically, this means the ability to lift 50 pounds, walk, stand, see animals & exhibits for observation and safety as well as hear animal’s sounds, radio communication and emergency situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and talk. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to hear and see near and far. Must be able to bend, kneel, crawl, run, and climb stairs.
- Employee must be able to operate vehicles.
- The employee must also meet medical screening and vaccination requirements.
- Flexible scheduling; may be assigned to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Will be working around dangerous animals.
- Natural odors from these species and their fecal waste will be high.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.