About Pro Cooperative
Our Mission: Building lasting partnerships by being PROactive, PROgressive and PROfessional.
Our Vision: To provide premier services to every customer through personalized relationships, whole farm solutions, and advanced technical knowledge.
Our Core Values:
· Trust – working to earn TRUST every day, operating with reliability and integrity.
· Service – SERVING others with understanding, respect and care.
· Fun – having FUN building a Positive Team and Family Spirit while removing barriers and letting people do what they do best.
· Safety – Ensuring the SAFETY of our people; doing what’s best to create the safest environment now and for the future.
- The position of a Crop Production Specialist is of great significance to Pro Cooperative.
- A person in this position is responsible to recommend and sell crop nutrients and crop protection products, seed, and services.
- This position maintains customer relationships in a manner that will optimize Pro.
Cooperative’s market share and profits, improve Pro Cooperative’s efficiency, help achieve Pro
Cooperative’s mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service.
Duties and responsibilities
These are the basic duties and responsibilities of the position and must be performed competently. Basic duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Make sound recommendations to customers by presenting Agronomy solutions, products, services, and/or concepts in order to maximize returns for the customers.
· Develop and maintain a current list of customers and prospects and rate them based on potential size of operation, credit worthiness, and other pertinent marketing information.
· Prioritize prospects and partial customers to identify the best opportunities for growth.
· Make regular sales calls on current and potential customers and respond to customer’s inquiries and questions in a timely manner.
· Develop and maintain effective business relations with current and potential future customers.
· Document and submit sales call information to direct supervisor using Pro Cooperative’s CRM program.
· Provide a consistent communication channel between Pro Cooperative customers and location personnel in order to set proper service expectation levels, resolve problems and scheduling issues.
· Advise customers on the proper use of products and equipment.
· Collaborate with other departments and/or locations to identify potential benefits to the customer from other company programs
· Establish and attain sales goals that are compatible with Pro Cooperative annual goals.
· Work with customers, suppliers, and management to resolve product/service complaints fairly and equitably.
· Maintain the image of Pro Cooperative. Inform all company personnel of the importance of portraying a professional image of company facilities, equipment, and personal appearance.
· Maintain sales contracts and bookings.
· Develop account plans that include strategy and tactics for achieving desired customer results.
· Responsible for learning new product specifications and applications
· Help Location monitor projected sales in order to monitor inventory needs.
· Monitor monthly sales and expense reports as well as manage sales in order to achieve target margins and product mix.
· Work with direct supervisor to establish a budget with particular emphasis on sales volumes & direct selling expenses.
· Offer timely feedback to Pro Cooperative on execution of plans, needs, opportunities, value, and obstacles discovered during the selling process.
· Establish cohesive working relations with other Pro Cooperative employees, its patrons and vendors to establish a positive work environment.
· Complete training and attend meetings/workshops/seminars/continuing education appropriate to the position, as assigned and approved by direct supervisor.
· Inform direct supervisor of all relevant departmental issues in a timely manner.
· Perform all other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
· Assist other locations as needed.
· Comply with Pro Cooperative policies, including Pro Cooperative’s safety policies
· Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license, CDL and other DOT qualifications for operation of a commercial motor vehicle. This position requires the safe operation of a motor vehicle to perform the essential functions of the job.
· The employee must meet the qualifications set forth in Pro Cooperative’s motor vehicle safety policy.
· Certified Crop Advisor preferred.
· Must be a self-starter and able to schedule and manage time without close supervision.
Office setting at room temperature. Inside about 25% of the time and 75% work spent out in the fields or meeting with customers. Some driving required. While working outside, crop production specialists may be exposed to all weather related conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to frequently lift up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. In a normal work day, the employee may be required to sit 50% of the time, stand 30% of the time, and walk 20% of the time. Employee must be able to occasionally bend, squat, kneel, climb/balance, push/pull, reach above shoulder level, and lift from high/low position.