Junior Generation Electrical Engineer
POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Junior Electrical Engineer to work in our Generation Electrical Department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create detailed designs for generating plant electrical systems under the supervision of a lead electrical engineer
- Typical tasks include: one-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, conduit and cable sizing/routing/schedules, equipment layout, selection of equipment, writing of specifications, construction cost estimates, and bid evaluations
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills
- Student membership in IEEE
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and ETAP software experience are desirable
- Construction experience, including electrical construction would be a plus
- Intern experience in the design or operation of generating or heavy industrial facilities would be a plus
- Intern experience at a Consulting Engineering firm would be a plus
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.