Populous is a very unique practice with a focus on design experiences.
We design the places where people love to be together. This is our singular purpose.
We use the power of design to transform neighborhoods, revitalize cities, build relationships and connect people to being part of something bigger.
Populous is where architects and designers of all kinds create moments bigger than ourselves. We are a global specialized design firm with local roots in 9 cities across Americas.
Populous offers the best of both worlds: the resources and impact of the design giants and the tightly-knit atmosphere and growth opportunities of smaller firms.
WHY we design
To amplify the joy in shared moments.
HOW we do it
+ Architecture + Interior Design + Event Design + Landscape Design + Master Planning + Urban Design + Graphic Design + Product Design
WHAT we look for
+ Entrepreneurial spirit + Down to-earth nature + Trendsetting ideas + Unyielding passion + Adaptability + Curiosity + Vision + Energy + Culture enabling
Do you have the following traits?
Goal Oriented: Driven, persistent, tenacious
Optimistic, proactive, confident
Observant & Analytical
Self-starter who thrives in competitive situations
Adept at managing multiple, changing, quick-paced, time-sensitive projects
The preferred candidate will have an interest in working in a dynamic and collaborative global design environment with a diverse range of public assembly building types; including the design of sports venues, convention centers, community buildings and transportation facilities.
We are seeking May 2021 new graduates for a fulltime entry-level design position who would be interested in joining our Kansas City team.
*Apply via Handshake AND https://populous.com/careers.
You will be asked to assist in
conceptualization and development of design ideas, generate diagrams, digital models, presentation materials and provide production work for numerous project types;
research and development projects;
collaboratively reviewing and critiquing early phase design concepts;
production of design development and construction documents models and construction details and drawings;
preparation of design presentations to clients, communities, and other pertinent stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Proficiency and working knowledge of the following design software and applications: Rhino, Revit, and AutoCAD; and expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey information and ideas in a presentation format.
- Ability to express information verbally and in writing in a clear and accurate manner.
- Basic hand drawing and illustration skills.
- Strong communication skills, work ethic; with demonstrated efficiency, flexibility and desire to grow and work within a dynamic team environment while being able to self-manage and work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in Architecture from an NAAB accredited program, Masters Degree in Architecture (preferred).
Populous offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefit packages, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k, flexible spending accounts, paid time off and continuing education benefits. Populous is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
4 time-Fast Company Most Innovative Company
#21 – Architect Magazine’s Architect 50 List
250 International, national and local design awards
Find us here – https://populous.com/careers