At Pocono Springs, we staff our camp with outstanding people who are dedicated to working with children and creating an atmosphere of family, spirit, and excitement. If you have a passion for life and a desire to impact the lives of children by helping them be their best selves and to also grow as an individual yourself, Pocono Springs is the right place for you. Being a camp counselor is not only one of the most important and rewarding jobs you will ever have — it’s the hardest job that you will ever love!
Many of our past staff members have used their experience at camp to fulfill internship requirements.
Activity Specialist Description:
• Lives in a cabin with a group of 6 – 12 children and 2 co-counselors
• Provides quality instruction in your specialized program area. (i.e. Athletics, Arts & Crafts, Adventure, Waterfront, etc.)
• Will provide age specific activities/drills that represent the age of the campers you are working with
• To be a great role model to all campers you interact with in your program area
• Will be creative and innovative in keeping your program area fresh and exciting
• Act as a leader, guide, helper and positive role model with your group of assigned campers.
• Maintains maximum safety for all campers at all times.
• Participates in all daily camp activities with your campers and other staff.
• Establishes with campers the way we do things in the daily routine of cabin cleanliness, personal hygiene, sleep and rest.
• Help campers develop life skills including independence, cooperation, responsibility & perseverance.
Salary begins at $1700 for a freshman in college and increases based on year completed at University and experience in field of instruction. Includes room & board, laundry services, staff t-shirts and an AMAZING work experience.
*COVID-19: We have been, and will continue to, work diligently on creating our Covid-19 plan to ensure all members of our community stay healthy and safe throughout the camp season.*