About the Position
Our Sales Development Representative internship program is designed for highly motivated, competitive college students/recent graduates that are passionate about sports and willing to go all out to get a great start to their sports career. The internship program is highly selective and it provides an accelerated path towards gaining a wide range of valuable experience and skills that will help you succeed in the sports industry. You will have extensive exposure to sales, business development, program operations, and marketing for both our core SMB operations and our sports tech startup. You will have unlimited opportunity to learn and advance every day and you’ll be a part of a tightly-knit team working together towards a shared mission. Past SDR interns have become core members of the NYC Sports team.
As an SDR intern, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our business and help redefine the way companies hire. Our SDRs are often the first point of contact for our potential customers, so you’ll be responsible for representing NYC Sports and making a positive impression that sets the tone for the entire customer lifecycle. You’ll also become an expert in our business and products as you prepare yourself for the next step in your career.
How you’ll make an impact!
Essential Job Functions:
- You’ll manage and qualify inbound leads
- You’ll research companies and approach potential customers through a targeted selling strategy encompassing calling, email, social engagement, and events
- You’ll passionately test, measure, and improve outreach effectiveness
Education: Currently enrolled within a bachelor’s program.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files, and records.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to articulate your message clearly and effectively.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Excellent phone etiquette, conducting multiple inbound/outbound calls a day.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. (bilingual in Spanish is a plus as we have many Spanish speaking clients)
Job Types: Part-time, Internship