The Piper Aircraft Apprenticeship Program is for ambitious people who want to earn a salary while they learn, gaining valuable experience, skills and knowledge. The two-year program accepts 10 new apprentices each year who receive a combination of on-the-job training as well as classroom instruction through Indian River State College (IRSC). The program is designed to qualify the participants as a Journeyman in Aircraft Assembly.
Essential Program Benefits and Functions:
The Aircraft Structures, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assembler Apprenticeship Program is a 2-Year, State of Florida Department of Education approved program. Piper’s exciting program is designed to build careers for skilled employees and future leaders from the ground up. Apprentices will become aviation and manufacturing skilled employees, develop leadership skills in the workplace, and be perfectly poised to eventually take on supervisory and management roles at Piper.
- Full-Time paid position with Piper along with company benefits.
- Advanced On the Job (OJT) training.
- Certificate in Aircraft Structures, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assembly. (upon completion)
- Fully funded classroom Instruction for the apprentice program.
- Personal one-on-one Mentor Experience.
Apprentices will get hands on experience building airplanes, but also learn about the management and organizational aspects of Piper Aircraft. They will take relevant courses at Indian River State College, which will count towards an Associate Degree.
Requirements For This Position:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be 18 or older by 8/1/2021.
- Be eligible to work in the US
- Be able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Be physically able to perform all essential functions of the job.
- Be a resident of Indian River, Brevard, or St. Lucie Counties.
- Pass all Piper hiring requirements.
- Meet the enrollment requirements for Indian River State College.
- Meet all apprenticeship program requirements and pass all classes and course work.
Additional Items That Will Need To Be Submitted With Your Application:
- 350 – 500 Word Essay: Why do you want to participate in the Piper Aircraft Apprenticeship Program and how will it benefit you personally?
- High School Transcript (official or unofficial)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (from a guidance counselor, teacher, or professional reference)