The IT Intern will be given a project(s) to complete, which will allow them to develop an understanding of creating programs on an IT Team in a Business environment. The intern will have the opportunity to analyze and implement computer programs which may include enhancements to current systems or new development. They will also have the opportunity to document and follow provided standards and guidelines. All interns will be assigned a specific project and will present their observations and recommendations for improvement at the end of their internship.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop/Maintain applications using any or all of the following languages/tools:
- Visual Studio
- SharePoint 2010
- C#, .NET Framework, XML, Web Services, AJAX, jQuery
- JAVA, eclipse, Websphere/Tomcat, ANT, Subversion
- Write SQL queries, stored procedures and functions and know how to create basic reports within SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Utilize commonly accepted best practices to test developed code in development, quality assurance and production environments.
- Maintain detailed documentation for assigned applications/projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with object oriented programming, the development lifecycle and basic coding standards.
- Must be a team player.
- Willingness to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently.
- Ability to meet definite deadlines and deal with pressure situations.
- Ability to be diplomatic and maintain confidentiality when working with internal and external customers.
Experience and Education Qualifications
- MIS, Computer Science or equivalent college major
- Minimum of 1 year of college. Prefer individual completing Junior year of college course work
- Intern should have reliable transportation
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to Algona, IA for the time of the internship
- Company will assist with finding housing. Intern will be responsible for covering the expenses of the stay