Petsource by Scoular is currently recruiting individuals with strong backgrounds in food manufacturing to work in a new, state-of-the-art, 105,000 square foot freeze-dried pet food ingredients facility. Qualified candidates have the opportunity to help Petsource capitalize on the fast-growing and high-demand freeze-dried pet food market, a market projected to grow 20% per year, by working in a brand-new facility located in Seward, NE.
The Food Safety & Quality (FSQ) Technician COOP will work in coordination with the rest of the FSQ team to ensure safe and high-quality food is produced in the manufacturing facility. This individual will have a direct impact on building and maintaining positive food safety and quality culture throughout the company. This is a broad position that includes various levels of product testing, employee and facility auditing, document verification, and continuous improvement initiatives. This experience will provide a student the opportunity to learn about food quality and manufacturing principles while having flexibility with their school life. The position is based on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with flexible hours.
- Conduct regular operational checks and facility and employee audits to ensure CGMP and FSQ requirements and being adhered to.
- Complete documentation in applicable electronic software. May also assist in the document creation or review process.
- Collect samples from the environment or food product and complete testing for a variety of microbiological, chemical, and/or functional parameters.
- Assist in completing corrective and preventative action investigations and any other FSQ-related action items.
- In collaboration with the FSQ Supervisor and the rest of the FSQ team, this position may work on a wide range of continuous improvement initiatives.
An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America, Asia, and other locations world-wide. For over 129 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular’s experts to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe. SFD Opco LLC, dba Petsource by Scoular, is an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of The Scoular Company.
Petsource is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Currently pursuing a degree in animal science, quality control, lab sciences, food manufacturing, or a similar field.
- Experience working with SQF or FDA is preferred.
- Proficient in using computers (e.g. Microsoft Office)