Job Title: Plant Operations Intern
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Start planning Summer 2022 NOW! We are hiring plant operations interns for our Summer Intern Program. Our interns will be responsible for the day-to-day assistance in the supervision of production associates to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner, and assisting in promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- 10 Week Summer Program – this rotational internship gives you exposure to various roles within the facility that you are assigned
- Hands on learning and exposure to various levels of leadership within Perdue
- Competitive Wages
- Summer Housing Stipend
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the Team Leader and the Shift Leader in the daily tasks such as training, providing work direction and development of subordinates to meet operating, safety, and quality requirements within the department / area.
- Assists production staff to ensure product quality and integrity, and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Assists in maintaining an environment that is conducive to retaining associates. Consistently administers company policies and procedures.
- Rotates through various functions in fresh or cook plants during the course of training which may include Live Haul, Wastewater, Accounting, Human Resources, Receiving, Dressing, Evisceration, Giblet Packing, Grading, Cut Up, Stretch Bag, Deboning, 28 Degree Cooler, Box Room, Weight/Price/Label and Shipping departments
- Rising Junior or Senior currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Poultry Science, Animal Science or related field.
- Currrently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Will be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- May be required to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or business.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship is required.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single interval.
Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles.
Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting, and
grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required. Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.