Peoples Community Health Clinic, Inc. (Peoples Clinic) is a nonprofit health care clinic guided by its mission to provide access to affordable, compassionate, high quality health care for all, while helping to improve the health of the community as a whole.
We are growing our mental health services at the clinic and have a full-time opportunity for a Behavioral Health Counselor for our Pediatric patients.
This position will:
- Provide psycho-social evaluation, brief intervention, and resource referral and coordination for behavioral health patients throughout Departments.
- Provide medical social work services to patients and families.
- Provide substance abuse pre-screening, screening and brief intervention services.
- Provide substance abuse universal full screens.
- Facilitate communication between patients and staff.
- Establish and/or facilitate cooperation between the Clinic and community agencies acting as a liaison between the Clinic and the community at large.
- Assist clinical staff with patients and pain management