SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
DIVISION: Product Development
REPORTS TO: Software Engineering Team Leads
The Software Development Intern will learn PenLink’s software’s features while working closely with others on a scrum-based team. This internship will take place during the Summer of 2019 and will be a 14-week program that will focus on analyzing, testing, assessing, and implementing programming applications.
- Learn how to produce high quality, well tested, scalable code
- Gain an understanding of PenLink’s software architecture, while learning to adhere to corporate design principles and standards, and following best practices and processes
- taking work as neeed to make sure that all team members complete sprint items within the sprint duration
- Identifying, designing, and excuting subsystem sress tests and resulting performance limits
- Analyzing, testing, assessing, and implementing programming applications
- Learning PenLink’s technologies- .NET, C#, WPF, XAML, Visual Studio, and GitHub
- Completing code reviews for work completed by peers
- Other responibilities as assigned
- Detailed oriented, methodical, and organized in your thinking.
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal, and able to communicate ideas concisely and clearly to others.
- Drive to learn and a desire to contribute to and alongside a team
- Understand the software development life cycle
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in C#, .NET, WPF, XAML, Visual Studio and GitHub preferred, not required
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related 4-year technical degree