Who Is Pella Corporation?
Pella Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of windows and doors in North America; as a leader in technology and product innovation, Pella has been awarded more than 150 product and design patents. And the team at Pella is as committed as ever to continuing the company’s proud heritage of building innovative windows and doors.
At Pella, we want to help you find what makes you an extraordinary team member. That’s why we offer individualized talent development plans, cross-functional experiences, and opportunities for career advancement through personal and professional development.
Our national brand is supported by 7,000+ team members at 17 manufacturing sites and 70+ sales branches across the country who are dedicated to serving our customers with Pella Passion — a way of being that inspires us to go above and beyond for each other, our customers, and our communities. Pella Passion has guided our actions for 95 years and will carry us forward as we capture the rare blend of inspired design and exceptional detail in our work and our lives.
The primary purpose of this internship is to assist Pella DesignWorks team:
- Learn more about windows, doors and other exterior adjacencies such as roofing, siding and trim, etc.
- Work with homeowners and contractors in various stages of the exterior design process
- Collaborate with internal design team on current design needs and trends
- Visualize residential exterior facades using design principles and technology
- Identify ways to optimize design process from start-to-finish
- Collaborate with other departments to identify, understand and communicate metrics pertaining to design leads and conversions to sale
- Work with marketing partners such as Houzz, local magazines, digital agency and in-house marketing department to optimize lead generation
- Benchmark competition and interior/exterior adjacencies using design visualization
- Interest and coursework around design field preferred
- Creative, collaborative, and energetic approach to problem-solving
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, and well organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Some experience using design software preferred, not required. Such as Auto-CAD, Revit, Sketchup, 3DS Max, etc.
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or (BFA) from four-year college or university – Communications, Design, Marketing majors preferred
- Pella Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Smoke Free Environment.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Pella Corporation is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Tobacco-Free Work Environment. Post-offer background check and drug screen required. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Pella Corporation provides a working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Pella Corporation treats all persons equally, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected under federal law. A number of states in which Pella operates have laws protecting classifications of Team Members not necessarily protected under federal law. Therefore, Pella also treats all persons equally, regardless of political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal ordinance or state law.