Pella Corporation is looking for a talented HR Representative in Pella, IA. Come be part of a winning team that emphasizes professional growth and development. A window of opportunity is open for individuals seeking meaningful careers with a strong, people-focused company. Pella Corporation is proud to be a privately held, professionally managed company. If you enjoy building relationships, being a strategic partner, and like a fast paced environment then this is the job for you!
This Human Resource Representative will partner with managers and employees to create a world-class work environment and team capability. This Human Resources Representative will lead adaptation, implementation, and execution of corporate policies and programs from the human resource perspective. This Human Resources Representative will provide leadership in recruiting, employee performance, discipline, training, communication, career planning, retention, succession planning, and other human resources matters.
This Human Resources Representative will have the opportunity for future advancement opportunities and will need to be open to relocation to other Pella facilities in 2-3 years.
Job duties for this Human Resources Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Meet customer needs through support and services that are accessible, accurate and timely to enable peak performance.
- Actively promotes and supports a safe and respectful work environment encompassing open communications, fairness, and respect.
- Assists plant in activities, training, and relationship building to encourage managers to know, develop, inspire, involve, and recognize team members.
- Gains detailed knowledge of HR policies and practices.
- Conducts training sessions on policies, employee-related programs, orientations, and other training needs as assigned.
- Explains company and governmental rules, regulations, and associated procedures for compliance.
- Assists in investigation and resolution of team member concerns and coordinates process of responding to complaints.
- Accountable for owning and implementing key projects for the plant, site, division, or entire organization.
- Responds to employees’ questions, complaints, and suggestions in a timely manner.
- Provides information and guidance for performance and development counseling.
- Provides guidance and participates in recruiting, hiring and retention processes.
- Seeks information related to morale, motivation, and efficiency.
- Assesses and responds to process improvement opportunities.
Job qualifications for this Human Resources Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years human resources or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- PHR is preferred but not required
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, communication, follow-up, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Multi-tasker with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Supervisory skills of support employees as needed