Pediatric Potential Inc is a non-profit organization committed to strengthening the well-being of children and families around the world through research, teaching and outreach to improve pediatric healthcare experiences.
Our services foster new resources and sustainable support systems for our partner hospitals, clinics, and NGOs globally, enabling them to enhance protective frameworks and strengthen healthcare experiences for the hospitalized children and families in their care.
Pediatric Potential is currently seeking a Social Media Intern, who is keen to use their background to develop original content geared towards the business objective of increasing organizational brand awareness via social media platforms.
This internship will provide the opportunity to work closely with our international team to create an innovative online brand awareness plan.
The Social Media Intern will support our Executive Director and Chair, and be given the opportunity to utilize their studies and/or past work experience in a practical manner with social media brand development.
Those with previous non-profit work experience and interest in our mission are encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating original content in-line with our brand identity
- Scheduling content for social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Developing a social media content calendar
- Tracking social media strategy progress and metrics (followers, shares, etc.)
- Strategizing new ideas and opportunities for success
- Attending a weekly team meeting
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
- Background in marketing, communication, non-profit business development or other related discipline
- Well-versed in Internet technologies and social media applications
- Understands the overall mission of our organization, including the brand, target audience, and goals
- Ability to work remotely and connect via web conferencing, file sharing and messaging platforms
- Professionalism; ability to collaboratively to achieve organizational goals
- Have knowledge of Internet marketing concepts and basic HTML knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong written communication skills
- Organized, with an ability to meet agreed deadlines
- Self-starter; creative problem-solver; resourceful
- Development and design skills
Suggested skills, not required:
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, HTML, and SQL a plus
10 hours/week for a minimum of three (3) months with an opportunity for extension up to six (6) months, depending on organizational needs and the availability of the candidate.
Flexible start/end date(s), depending on the college/university requirements of applicant
Remote with flexible hours.
This is an unpaid position, however, there is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of the applicant.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a valuable reference for future endeavors.