Pediatric Potential Inc is a non-profit organization committed to strengthening the well-being of children and families around the world through research, teaching and outreach to improve pediatric healthcare experiences.
Our services foster new resources and sustainable support systems for our partner hospitals, clinics, and NGOs globally, enabling them to enhance protective frameworks and strengthen healthcare experiences for the hospitalized children and families in their care.
Pediatric Potential is currently seeking a Research Fellow, who is keen to use their background in research and interest in children’s health to aid our efforts in securing research grants to support our mission. This fellowship will provide the opportunity to work closely with our team and global partners.
The fellowship candidate will support our Executive Director and Director of Research and will be given the opportunity to utilize their studies and past work experience in a practical manner by assisting with the identification of appropriate research grantors, the creation of a prospect database and contributing to the execution and timely submission of research proposals.
Those with previous research experience and interest in our mission are encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with our Director of Research, Executive Director and global partners to gather data, information, and supporting documentation required to prepare and submit research grant proposals
- Contributing to the scientific content of research proposals including research methodologies, design, development, test, and evaluation efforts
- Researching prospective research grant potential from foundations and organizations which align with our organization’s mission, initiatives, and programs
- Building a research grant prospect database
- Electronically tracking and managing research proposal/reporting deadlines, submissions, and status updates
- Compiling a list of conferences, speaking opportunities, publications, and other opportunities to increase organizational and research exposure
- Participating in strategic conversations about new research projects and initiatives that further the mission and vision of Pediatric Potential
- Master’s degree or PhD candidate in a relevant health related discipline
- Demonstrated interest in pediatric global health
- Knowledge of research proposal development
- Experience in preparing research grant proposals
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work remotely and connect via web conferencing, file sharing and messaging platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Suggested skills, not required:
- Prior participation in a research study
- Experience in the publication and dissemination of journal publications, reports and other written materials
This is an unpaid position, however, there is opportunity for school credit (if applicable) by the college/university of the applicant.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a valuable reference for future endeavors.
- 10-15 hours/week for a minimum of 3 months with an opportunity for extension up to six (6) months, depending on organizational needs and the interest/availability of the candidate
- Flexible start/end date(s), depending on the college/university requirements of the applicant.
Remote with flexible hours.