Do you talk to random people you pass on the street? Or maybe make friends with the person you sit next to on the plane? Are you detail oriented and love talking to people? Then the Underwriting Intern position could be just the role for you!
Your team contributions include:
As an Underwriting Intern, you are essential to our underwriting process. You will be responsible for prefilling applications and assisting clients to complete their insurance applications via phone call. Additionally, you are their first contact to begin the underwriting process so you will help guide them through these initial steps.
The position will begin part-time in February and transition to full-time during the summer months.
Preferred qualifications and skills include:
- An ability to comfortably navigate G Suite applications
- A base knowledge of Salesforce, or a similar CRM application
- Customer service experience, and if it includes telephone experience then that’s a bonus
- A love for talking to people
- An ability to be adaptable and remain calm under pressure
- Are detail oriented
- Have a drive to help people
- Being eager to learn
- Progressing towards in Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a similar field of study
You will gain:
- A base knowledge of Salesforce and its functionality
- An ability to multitask
- An understanding of life and disability insurance
- An ability to create an improve processes
Who we are:
Pattern strives to live by its purpose. As doctors and our team make better decisions, lives are changed. This is inclusive of both learning forward and helping doctors. As an essential part of our team, we want you to help us learn forward and change lives, one application at a time.
If you want to work in a fast-paced environment that is continually growing and innovating then Pattern is the place for you! At Pattern you can expect to work hard and own it while also engaging in the occasional shuffle-board tournament.