Would you like to tell stories that inspire hope, highlight perseverance, and have the power to change the future?
Partnership 4 Kids (P4K) is a goal setting and group mentoring program that helps students in our community build a foundation for success from kindergarten to careers.
P4K is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA who can commit to 40 hours a week for a 12-month assignment as a Storyteller (Social Media & Grant Writing Specialist) who can creatively and passionately tell the story of our organization and the amazing kids we serve to encourage others to get involved. (Prior service/enrollment is not required as we’ll train and assist you through the process.)
***This posting is for an unpaid Volunteer/Service Member; however, members will receive a living allowance, along with a completion award***
What is an AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty; a catalyst for change!
Join our mission to inspire hope, engage minds, and launch futures!
Service Opportunity start July 19th 2021
What does a VISTA do?
Storytelling to Inspire Support
The VISTA member will work closely within the development team to research and apply for federal grant opportunities that are a good fit for the agency. As a valuable part of the P4K Team, the VISTA member will develop an internal database of federal grant opportunities, select and apply funding opportunities, write grants, and track measurable outcomes This assignment requires great attention to detail, critical thinking skills, proficiency in research, writing, and editing within strict deadlines and a desire to take ownership of the project.
Benefits of Becoming a VISTA?
- Bi-Weekly Living Allowance of $513.94
- $6,095.00 Education award (upon successful completion of the assignment)
- FREE Healthcare Coverage
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Living Allowance
- Discounted Housing options
- Gain versatile experience to propel your career to the next level
- Rotating office schedules reduce staff to ½ on any given day.
- Plexi-glass or ply-wood dividers for areas with multiple workstations.
- Temperature taking Kiosk upon office entry.
- Masks required in all shared or common areas of the building.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of all high touch areas.