Do you want to give back to your community while gaining versatile experience?
Partnership 4 Kids (P4K) is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA who can commit to 40 hours a week for a 12-month assignment as a Mentor Engagement Specialist helping P4K increase our capacity to serve our students. (Prior service/enrollment is not required as we’ll train and assist you through the process.)
***This posting is for an unpaid Volunteer/Service Member; however, members will receive a living allowance, along with a completion award***
Partnership 4 Kids (P4K) is a goal setting and group mentoring program that helps students in our community build a foundation for success from kindergarten to careers. Want to change the future? Become a Mentor! Help us be THEIR today by being THERE today!!
What is an AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty; a catalyst for change!
Join our mission to inspire hope, engage minds, and launch futures!
Service Opportunity starts May 10th 2021
What does a VISTA do?
The perfect match for this opportunity is someone with a charismatic personality who would love to engage the community through neighborhood associations, networking groups, clubs and committees. – Someone who can creatively and passionately tell the story of our organization and the amazing kids we serve to encourage others to get involved. – VISTA will assist with mentor recruiting and engagement outings/events, help with the training and onboarding of new mentors, and assist with developing a strategy to reach targeted groups or areas to generate more mentors to help further the P4K vision and mission.
Benefits of Becoming a VISTA!
- Bi-Weekly Living Allowance of $513.94
- $6,095.00 Education award (upon successful completion of the assignment)
- FREE Healthcare Coverage
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Living Allowance
- Discounted Housing options
- Gain versatile experience to propel your career to the next level
- Rotating office schedules reduce staff to ½ on any given day.
- Plexi-glass or ply-wood dividers for areas with multiple workstations.
- Temperature taking Kiosk upon office entry.
- Masks required in all shared or common areas of the building.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of all high touch areas.