The Operations Intern is responsible for learning and developing operations leadership skills to support a Parker Hose Products manufacturing facility. This includes exposure to lean transformation, supply chain and operations leadership. The Operations Intern will work cross-functionally to develop deep level understanding of business operations and to impact Parker’s Win Strategy objectives of Profitable Growth, Financial Performance, Customer Service and Empowered Employees while continuously maintaining the highest degree of safety, customer service, delivery, quality, and cost.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and improve processes and procedures, to develop and display leadership skills and to build broad business acumen.
- Learning and developing lean concepts by studying and planning operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities.
- Assist in Lean activities and Kaizen events by establishing course of action to accomplish task/project and working cross-functionally to achieve.
- Assist in the design and improvement of manufacturing/production methods and control systems using new, existing, or modified machinery and equipment.
- Design of facilities and layout of building; layout of machines and equipment.
- Introduce or recommend changes to work methods, safety measures, and labor organization.
- Utilize knowledge and background to address Ergonomics/safety issues.
- Maximize facility efficiency through establishment of Kanban and inventory systems.
- Develop methods for controlling production costs and costs analysis.
- Other duties as assigned
- College Sophomore or higher working towards a degree in engineering, business or a related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Relevant experience gained through previous experience in manufacturing, internship or coursework.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing operations and practices
- Knowledge of lean concepts and demonstrated application
- Excellent verbal and written communication; project management experience preferred.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations. (“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”) If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf
Drug-Free Workplace In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.