At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
This position is responsible for supporting the firm by answering investment questions that lie at the confluence of quantitative methods, in-depth investment expertise and data. The role is also responsible for maintaining and executing investment processes that support Parametric strategies. This includes but is not limited to: managing the reconstitution of Parametric investment models, generating investment committee meeting analytics and generating data sets for marketing materials.
The role works closely with individuals across the department as well as with other departments within the firm. Successful candidates are self-driven, enjoy solving open-ended problems and are committed to follow through. Critical thinking, independent judgement and strong analytical skills are required.
A Quantitative Analyst is an integral part of the broader Investment Strategy department. The department turns investment research into investment processes, and creates and delivers powerful stories that articulate Parametric’s philosophy and approach. Specifically, the department oversees existing strategies, develops new ones, supports clients, and creates thought leadership for all of Parametric’s rules-based equity and commodity strategies.
- Work with Investment Strategists, senior team members, or independently, to answer complex investment questions
- Prepare ad hoc analysis such as performance attributions, risk decompositions and custom model creation when necessary
- Reconstitute internal investment models and work across the firm to keep all stakeholders aligned
- Generate data and analytics used in Investment Committee meetings and Marketing Content
- Provide guidance to more junior Analysts within the department
- Utilize and contribute to internal Python and R libraries that support our business activities
- Uphold department reputation through professionalism, accuracy, and responsiveness
- Participate in process improvement and technology development efforts
- Develop and maintain a specialized knowledge of all relevant Parametric products
- Assume other responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (eg: Math, Engineering, Physics, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Masters degree or CFA preferred
- 3+ years of financial industry experience required
- Experience with equities and equity factor models highly preferred
- Experience with Factset or Bloomberg required, preferably both
- Experience with equity performance attribution and risk decomposition preferred
- Working knowledge of probability and statistics, matrix algebra and mean variance optimization required
- Programming experience in Python or R required, preferably both
- Experience writing SQL queries required
- Advanced Excel knowledge required
- Must possess a high level of initiative, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency
- Must possess excellent communication and strong analytical writing ability
- Must possess strong organizational and prioritization skills in order to meet deadlines
- Experience with Github preferred
- Experience with web APIs preferred
- Experience with Tableau preferred