Start your sales career with an industry leader that offers excellent development & growth opportunities!
We are seeking candidates interested in starting a sales career in our Sales Trainee/Account Management program. The comprehensive training program provides development opportunities that consist of classroom instruction, as well as hands-on field learning. Sales Trainees will shadow Sales Reps/Account Managers, Field Supervisors, and Technicians to obtain business and industry knowledge as well as product training.
Potential training locations within the Western Region include, but are not limited to, California, Arizona, Washington, Las Vegas, Colorado and Illinois. Positions are available throughout North America. Candidates should be geographically mobile and location flexible to help ensure a fit can be made between individual preference and business necessity/requirements.
In this capacity, Sales Trainees perform various duties including product quality surveys of existing customers’ elevator and escalator equipment; schedule necessary field resources to ensure customer satisfaction, based on survey results; identify benefits to the customer and opportunities to upgrade/replace products involved; and work to improve current and develop new business relationships. Following success in the 4-6+ month training program, Sales Trainees will be assigned a Sales role with a portfolio of accounts in a defined geographic territory, which may require relocation.
- Selling Otis products and/or services upgrades
- Developing and expanding the sales territory through cold calling and familiarity with local market conditions and competitor dynamics
- Servicing existing accounts to ensure retention of business
- Building and maintaining customer relationships
- Achieving or exceeding planned sales objectives
- Providing technical support to current and prospective customers
- Maintaining up-to-date technical knowledge of Otis products
- Monitoring and managing the collection of accounts
This is a salaried position and offers additional incentive compensation, along with excellent benefits!
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
BA/BS degree or currently pursuing degree, which must be awarded by start date
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Customer focused and results-driven
- Self-motivated with excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills
- Time management skills with the ability to manage simultaneous duties and responsibilities
- Ability to work in a highly team-oriented and dynamic environment
- Effectively interact and build relationships with internal/external customers of all levels
- Prior Sales internship/experience
Otis, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.