Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that drive our business. Our comprehensive internship program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your operations, mechanical, and business acumen skills. You’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; and where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust.
The Manufacturing Engineering Intern, within the Operations division, will actively participate in the manufacturing process of a production facility supporting improvement projects on safety, quality, efficiency/productivity. In this capacity, the key deliverables and projects include:
- Support 5S implementation at Shop Floor
- Support deployment of operational training and skill matrix management
- Execute improvement projects pursuing COPQ (cost of poor quality) reduction
- Improve manufacturing reports and standard work procedures
- Execute improvement projects pursuing safety and ergonomics improvements
- Active participation on continuous improvement initiatives
This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically starting in May/June and ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you develop the necessary skills to succeed.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering degree
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong technical aptitude
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills
- Adaptable and flexible with ability to manage simultaneous duties and responsibilities
- Completed two years of postsecondary education
Otis is the world’s largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators. We have more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, digital technology experts, sales and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures to better serve our customers. Just imagine where you can take your career!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.