This is a fully remote part-time role. There is the possibility that this role will convert to full-time in the near future.
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Medical Curriculum Specialist to join our content team. In this role, you will be working with the content team to create learning objectives and clinical decision-making flowcharts for our clerkship and USMLE Step 2/COMLEX-USA Level 2 content.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and to work with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, content creators, designers, engineers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
What You’ll Do
As a Medical Curriculum Specialist, you will work closely with our Director of Medical Curriculum to ensure that future clinicians are getting the best possible training experience.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Help develop and curate learning objectives for MD/DO content, including videos and notes
- Research and determine information to be presented in each video/note that will be used by our script writing and question writing teams
- Organize and present information as clinical decision-making flowcharts that will be used by our script writing, video production, and question writing teams
- Review and edit learning objectives and clinical decision-making flowcharts as needed with a focus on accuracy, precision, and educational value
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts, script writers, question writers, illustrators, and students
- Identify and complete other tasks as needed
This is a part-time contract position for a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Who You Are
- MD or DO with completion of the USMLE Step 2 CK and/or COMLEX-USA Level 2 examination
- Ability to conceptualize, integrate, and teach complex medical topics
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to provide, receive, and incorporate feedback quickly and positively
- Demonstrable history of working on your own while operating within a team environment
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You are able to seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’ mission, vision, and values
- High USMLE Step 2 CK and/or COMLEX-USA Level 2 scores
- Prior experience in curriculum design, including creating learning objectives
- Prior experience teaching clerkship-/clinical-level MD and/or DO students
- Prior USMLE Step 2 CK and/or COMLEX-USA Level 2 teaching experience
- Current or recent clinical experience working as a physician in the U.S preferred.
To apply, please submit
- Official USMLE Step 2 CK and/or COMLEX-USA Level 2 score reports
- Imagine you are in charge of designing a video on Bilious vomiting in the neonate for students studying for the USMLE Step 2 CK and/or COMLEX-USA Level 2 examination:
- What conditions would you include in this video (i.e. what is the differential diagnosis)?
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
One of our values is to “Open Your Arms”. In line with this, if you have any specific needs that may require a different method for application submission, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other status protected by law.