As a Product or Program Management Intern for the summer of 2021, you have the opportunity to assist in the planning, executing, and finalizing projects, programs, and materials according to deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members to deliver projects according to plan. This role may give exposure to sales, engineering, manufacturing, legal, and finance. This role may also offer the ability to define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout it’s life cycle.
As a Product or Program Management Intern your assignments may include:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Determine and assess need for staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recommendations
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- High School Diploma or equivalent working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Quality, Engineering, Operations Management/Business Administration, or a related field.
- Willing to travel or relocate to a JLG location for the duration of the summer 2021 internship. Remote assignments will be considered.
- Ability to learn new programs and processes quickly.
- Communication, organizational, planning, and/or leadership skills.