Our Transportation Planning Analysis Unit is hiring a transportation analysis engineer! In this position, you will develop, maintain, apply and provide guidance in the Analysis Procedures Manual to meet transportation analysis needs in auto, bicycle, pedestrian, transit, truck, freight, environment, safety and more! As the statewide agency expert, you will bring consistency by providing training and outreach on ODOT on transportation analysis techniques. If you want to help us to keep Oregon’s transportation systems safe, reliable and thriving – apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Act as the agency expert in transportation planning analysis.
- Perform analysis related to transportation systems and impacts.
- Establish new planning analysis procedures by conducting research, examining information and providing analysis and recommendations.
- Provide consultation and technical guidance on policy and rule development.
- Coordinate with internal teams, federal, state and local agencies, universities and consultants on planning efforts.
- Develop business cases, monitor and update project statements of work and use project tracking systems.
- Prepare and administer consultant contracts.
- Draft and review language for transportation-related administrative rules, policies and procedures.
- Train staff on transportation planning analysis.
- Represent the department in meetings with other state agencies, technical advisory committees, special interest groups and citizen groups.
- This position primarily works in an office environment.
- Occasional statewide travel and exposure to highway traffic is to be expected in this role.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
A valid professional engineer’s (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering AND three (3) years of journey level professional engineer experience.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in the state of Oregon within six months of hire.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward! Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Transportation planning analysis skills and knowledge.
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining transportation planning analysis methods and procedures.
- Experience solving complex transportation analysis problems where methods and practices may not exist.
- Experience using project management techniques to manage and coordinate, scope, assign and review multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in managing, developing, implementing and applying programs and facilitating technical groups.
Learn more and apply!
This position closes at 11:59 p.m. on 1/25/2021.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call (503) 931-1206 or email odotrecruitmentLB@odot.state.or.us
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer