Our Policy, Data and Analysis Division is recruiting for a senior transportation planner to join our Freight Planning Unit in Salem! In this role, you will manage multimodal transportation studies and intermodal planning programs and projects. You will also serve as a multimodal planning and programming resource, with emphasis on plan development/implementation and performance measures/metrics. Apply today to join us in advancing multimodal and intermodal freight systems and solutions to help ensure Oregon’s economy is thriving!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Serve as a multimodal planning and programming resource, with emphasis on plan development/implementation and performance measures/metrics.
- Lead transportation studies and serve on technical advisory committees,
- Respond to requests for information on passenger and freight intermodal facilities and connections.
- Help lead development and updates to all statewide policy plans and any new mode or topic plans.
- Responsible for project management of consultant work order contracts.
- Lead implementation efforts or assist in implementation of a specific modal or topic policy plan.
- Create reports; develop and prepare data, information and supporting exhibits for use by public advisory committees and outreach meetings.
- Provide expertise in operations, data, safety and logistics for all modes of transportation.
- Interpret and explain federal, state and agency policy to develop technical guidance or criteria.
- Work with modal experts throughout the agency.
- Provide multimodal policy and planning direction and technical expertise on comprehensive transportation planning issues.
- Make recommendations on multimodal transportation policy, planning standards of practice and planning issues to facilitate decision making on transportation issues.
- Review facility plans and other transportation plans, planning studies and documents, and provide comments and recommendations to region staff.
- Moderate amounts of travel required, including limited out-of-state travel.
- Click here to view the position description, including the full list of duties and working conditions.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
A bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field AND three (3) years of progressively responsible planning experience related to the job.
Note: A master’s degree in regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
Six (6) years of planning experience related to the job.
Note: Coursework in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field can substitute for up to two (2) year of the progressively responsible experience.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward! Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Project management skills.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Experience with policy development, interpretation and implementation.
- Stakeholder experience and skills in working toward consensus.
- Transportation planning knowledge and experience with freight mode planning, data or policy.
Learn more and apply!
This position closes at 11:59 p.m. on 1/25/2021.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our
Questions? Call (503) 931-1206 or email odotrecruitmentLB@odot.state.or.us
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer