Join this exciting rotational program as a construction specialist in Ontario, OR!
ODOT Graduate Program – Construction Specialist
Oregon Department of Transportation
Region 5 – Delivery and Operations Division, Ontario
$4,718 per month
The ODOT Graduate Program is designed for recent college graduates to transition from student to full-time engineer. For up to 24 months, program participants are provided rotational assignments throughout ODOT engineering disciplines. Participants are recognized as full-time, permanent employees, receiving a salary, a full benefits package, and mentorship from a registered professional engineer (PE). This can provide up to two years’ qualifying time toward obtaining PE licensure.
Ideal candidates will have recently passed (or be prepared to take and pass) the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam. Program training is provided through rotational assignments in various civil engineering disciplines such as construction, design or maintenance for a minimum of 18 months and a maximum of two years. The program is open to all qualified applicants including current, qualified ODOT employees.
We are seeking someone to join our construction engineering team in Ontario. In this role, you will perform work such as:
- Interpreting contract plans and specifications and ensuring compliance.
- Monitoring traffic control for public safety.
- Inspecting and documenting contract work.
- Conducting quality checks on materials.
- Designing plans for minor to moderately complex projects.
- Leading a survey crew and performing complex surveying computations.
- Fostering positive relationships with other ODOT units, contractors, property owners, and the public.
What we need:
- A bachelor’s degree in civil or transportation-related engineering (or graduation scheduled by June 2021). OR A Fundamentals of Engineering certificate (FE).
- A valid driver license and acceptable driving record.
What we’d like to see:
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification.
- Experience with civil engineering design.
- Experience with land survey (such as software and automatic machine control).
- Construction inspection experience.
- Contract administration experience.
How to apply: