OSI (Open Systems International, Inc.) is a fast-paced, dynamic software company that is paving the way in high-performance automation and business solutions for utility industries worldwide. Solutions include Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Network Management Systems (NMS), Energy Management Systems (EMS), Distribution Management Systems (DMS) and Generation Management Systems (GMS); as well as individual software/hardware products and Smart Grid Solutions for utility operations. Our solutions help empower our customers to meet their operational challenges day in and day out with unsurpassed reliability. OSI is headquartered in Medina, Minnesota, USA with an office in Houston and others around the world.
We currently have multiple openings for Senior Software Engineers in our Houston office. In this position you will provide leadership by solving complex problems as well as manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. Specific, on-the-job training will be provided. As a Senior Software Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Software Development team and Product Managers on the enhancement and development of OSI’s products
- Actively contributing ideas for product improvements and solutions to technology challenges.
- Showing a passion for continued learning, staying abreast of new technology and trends.
- Delivering clean code supporting consistent user experience and product quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering.
- 5+ year’s development experience.
- Must have expert level C and/or C# development skills plus experience in one or more of the following: C++, Python, or other.
- Experience with the following:
- Database: MSSQL, Oracle, and/or Cassandra
- IDE: Visual Studio, Eclipse, and/or NetBeans
- Analysis Tools: ANT, CUnit, FxCop, and/or PREfast
- Source Version Control: CVS, Git, and/or Subversion
- Experience with Windows and Linux Platforms.
- Excellent project management skills; in other words, be self-directed and capable of working effectively in a deadline environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and the ability to facilitate your own meetings as necessary.
- Good Object Oriented Design and debugging skills.
- Strong initiative to find creative solutions to problems.
- Confident enough to contribute ideas and solutions, but humble and self-assured enough to honor and support the ideas of others.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays.
Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development. To apply please visit https://osii.workable.com/j/5D493B93BD
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Discover your future. Discover OSI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixCrpoUL5ck