We’re looking for a product marketing intern to lead research and facilitate strategy and outreach to help our platform take off. Intern will be briefed on projects with instructions, provided with routine feedback, and training. This is a unique opportunity to work with a small group of founders, learn on the job, and be supervised directly by professionals.
Location: San Francisco, CA. On-site 1-2 days per week preferred, can be remote depending on candidate.
Job Type: internship to potential full-time. The end date listed is flexible, our goal is to find someone to bring on full-time from this internship.
Hours: 15-20, potentially more depending on need and availability. Flexible timing.
Rate: 15-20 an hour, depending on experience and strength of fit.
OneCommons is an early-stage startup dedicated to building a free and open cloud. Our DevOps platform simplifies cloud-native development and makes integrating open source software as easy and reliable as using proprietary services. We believe that just as open source has come to be the dominant software that powers the Internet, open cloud services will come to dominate the cloud for fundamentally the same reasons.
We are a small team of founders, designers, devs and a product manager all from different backgrounds. A few of us are based in our office in San Francisco, but our small team spans four continents.
Why we think this is a cool opportunity:
You have the opportunity to help define a unique suite of products that requires strategic thinking and interacting with diverse stakeholders in the developer community. Since we are just getting off the ground, not only is this a cool opportunity for you to help shape what we become as a company, it’s also a great way to see what it’s like at an early stage start up with an experienced team and founder who has started and sold multiple companies. There is a lot of room to grow and stretch into trying things you have never done before. As we grow, there will continue to be more and more areas to get your hands dirty in if you want to understand more aspects of the tech and start-up world. Since we are small now, your input can make a huge impact.
This is also a unique opportunity because of the type of product we are in the space we are working towards filling, as we see our biggest effect and growth coming from grassroots outreach and community involvement over traditional advertising or corporate-feeling marketing efforts.
– passion for open source
– familiarity with open source communities
– naturally driven self-starter
– creative problem solving
– strong research abilities
– excellent written and verbal communication
– strong organizational skills
– previous degree not required
– comfortable writing proposals, if necessary
– enjoy outreach and engagement
– research: communities, open source projects, investors
– help guide our community building
– write and help with outreach messaging
– develop growth hacking and system automation processes
– aid in current outreach initiatives
– help formulate our rollout strategy
– help in competitive analysis and determining our place in the ecosystem
– work directly with product manager, founder, branding, UX, devs when needed
– help manage our recruiting and customer validation efforts