We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a student intern, you will perform a variety of planning projects including transit plans, multimodal corridor studies, subarea studies, regional transportation plans, travel demand modeling, and policy development. You will use GIS mapping and assist in writing reports and memos pertaining to current projects. The ideal candidate will be comfortable communicating and interacting with clients and presenting to groups of all sizes. As one of our student interns, you will perform meaningful, hands-on, real-world work that will transform your classroom experience and help you envision your future career. You’ll be part of a team and get an introduction to Olsson’s culture that will help you evaluate our firm as a career choice.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others, yet having the ability to work independently when necessary
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation planning, urban planning, civil engineering or related field
- Familiarity with transportation, public transportation, geography, and land use issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven technical writing ability
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Proficiency in several computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- ArcGIS experience is preferred
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As a Student Intern with Olsson, you’ll receive flexible hours and paid holidays.
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.