We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a GIS intern on our Traffic / Technology team in our Lincoln, NE office, you will assist technicians and engineers by using ArcGIS and NetDesigner software to model telecommunication plans, perform design work and spatial analysis, and conduct data collection activities. You will perform meaningful, hands-on, real-world work that will transform your classroom experience and help you envision your future career.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Proficiency in ArcMap (or similar software)
- Strong problem-solving and math skills
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, electrical engineering, or relatable field
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As a Student Intern with Olsson, you’ll receive flexible hours and paid holidays.
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.