O’Hara Lindsay Government Relations is one of Nebraska’s oldest and most reputable lobbying firms. We are a state-level, bipartisan firm representing public and private sector clients in a variety of areas, including banking, education, energy, healthcare, law, municipal government, telecommunications, and tribal affairs.
We are currently accepting applications for a spring semester intern from undergraduate students interested in politics, government, advocacy, and/or law. This is a paid internship that will offer the opportunity to gain practical work experience, learn about the Unicameral, and network.
· Tracking legislative activity on daily agendas, summary sheets, and hearing schedules;
· Assisting firm staff with communications, logistics, and basic research;
· Attending committee hearings, fundraisers, and client events as needed;
· Covering the office and assisting with general administrative tasks
· Attendance is a crucial aspect of this position. Vacations are not considered excused absences during the legislative session.
· At least a junior currently enrolled in a college/university;
· GPA of 3.00 or higher;
· Excellent research, writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills;
· Organized, attentive to detail, and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
· Strong interest in government and legislative affairs;
· Exceptional reliability and professionalism.