The Orange County Riptide, a collegiate wood bat summer baseball team playing games at the Great Park in Irvine, California, seeks interns with strong knowledge and understanding of the outside sales and sponsorship medium.
Interns chosen for this position will need strong critical thinking skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment, take direction easily and quickly, willingness to work nights and weekends and have a passion for the sport of college baseball.
The Orange County Riptide is looking for a qualified sales and sponsorship intern to assist in securing advertising revenue utilizing the potential of in game signage, digital, social media and broadcast sponsorships.
Interns are expected to work 40 hours per course hour of credit expected to earn. Example, For every one (1) credit a student is registered for, they must complete a minimum of 40 hours of work. Two (2) course credits, 80 hours over the course of the internship, etc. Potential interns should alert OC Riptide Management of how many course credits they expect to earn and the OC Riptide will adjust their workload accordingly.
Ideal candidates will bring new and innovative sales and sponsorship ideas to assist in increasing overall budget. You’ll gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from a mentor and other members of our team.
Sales Intern Duties and Responsibilities
• Research and generate lists of potential advertisers and sponsors
• Provide input on customer briefs, presentations and sales literature
• Help develop client relationships and retain existing accounts
• Assist in targeting and recognizing new sponsorship opportunities
• Learn and apply sales techniques
• Maintain sales records
• Sales, Advertising, Marketing or Business major
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel preferred
• Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
• Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the sales funnel
• Collaborate with experienced sales professionals
• Attend meetings, events and other networking opportunities