The Orange County Riptide, a collegiate wood bat summer baseball team playing games at the Great Park in Irvine, California, seeks an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of music who is also a skilled keyboardist.
Please Note: Because this un-paid internship position will require your attendance at home games in Irvine, Calif., you will need to ensure you have housing available from June through early August. Summer interns attending college outside of the Orange County, Calif. area must make their own living arrangements for the summer. The OC Riptide cannot provide housing for out-of-the-area interns.
The intern chosen for this position will need a strong musical background, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take direction easily and quickly, willingness to work nights and weekends and have a passion for music and the sport of college baseball.
We are looking for a pianist / keyboardist to serve as the stadium organist, playing familiar songs such as “Take Me Out to the Ball Game”, the “Tarantella”, the “Star-Spangled Banner” and the “Charge” fanfare among other typical baseball game favorites.
The stadium organist will play songs to be heard over the stadium sound system to entertain fans in attendance during pitching changes and between innings along with key moments in the game to excite fans. The stadium organist will be called on to play songs to entertain fans as they are coming into the stadium prior to first pitch and asked to play favorite songs selected by players who are coming up to bat or coming out of the bullpen.
Stadium Organist Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide portable keyboard to play from press box of the OC Great Park Stadium
· Keyboard have an organ function in order to sound like a traditional baseball stadium organ
· Attend all home games
· Entertain fans with songs during breaks and between innings
· Be at the stadium at least 45 minutes prior to first pitch to entertain fans with organ music
· Set-up/take down of keyboard equipment
Stadium Organist Requirements and Qualifications
· Strong knowledge of music
· Able to read music
· Strong knowledge of songs from memory that can be played on a frequent basis